Presidential Candidate Questionnaire for NAME
"With liberty and justice for all." Thus ends
our pledge of allegiance to the flag with a ringing commitment to all citizens.
Unfortunately, liberty and justice remain an unrealized dream for Asian Americans.
Two main concerns are stated below.
First, based on publicly available government statistics,
Asian Americans have the least
opportunity to enter management when compared with whites, blacks, Hispanics and
women in spite of having the highest
educational attainment. See the charts below.
Our second concern is that while Asian Americans are 5% of our nation's population and 5.5% of our legal profession, we are only 1.85% of our Level III Federal judges.
Therefore, we, Asian Pacific Americans, wish to know your answers to the following questions:
(1) If elected, will you issue a directive to the Labor Department asking it to focus on enforcing Executive Order 11246 on behalf of Asian Americans, since in the past similar efforts have already been made on behalf of women and other minorities with remarkable success (see Chart 1)?
(2) If elected, will you issue an Executive Order asking the federal agencies to promote qualified Asian Americans to Senior Executive Service so that Asian Americans will have an equal opportunity to reach the SES level relative to the national average, up from the current egregiously low 33%?
(3) If elected, in your 4th year as our President, will you meet at the White House with a group of Asian American national leaders, put together jointly by 80-20 and the Labor Department, to review the progress in extending equal opportunity to Asian Americans?
(4) If elected, will you make it a top priority of your Administration to nominate qualified Asian Americans to serve as Article III life-tenured District and Circuit Court federal judges, whenever such vacancies are available?
(5) If elected, will you consider nominating a qualified Asian American to the Supreme Court, when a vacancy occurs? In your 4th year as our President, will you meet with a group of Asian American leaders, put together jointly by 80-20 and other Asian American national organizations to review the progress in having more Asian American Federal judges?
My answer to Question 1 above is (Yes/No)
My answer to Question 2 above is (Yes/No)
My answer to Question 3 above is (Yes/No)
My answer to Question 4 above is (Yes/No)
My answer to Question 5 above is (Yes/No)
Signature: ________________________ DATE: _________________
(Name of the pres. candidate)
Respectfully submitted by The 80-20 PAC, Inc.
Please email a signed copy to S. B. Woo, Founding President